Follow these steps if you can't log into your PC and see a dialog box that says "The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively".
You're seeing this error message because your user account does not have the correct permission set for Remote Desktop access. To fix this we'll add the correct permissions to your account:
- Right click Computer or My Computer and then click Properties.
- Click the Remote Settings link or the Remote tab if you are on XP.
- Click the Select Users or Select Remote Users button.
- If your user name is not listed in there, click Add and enter your user name.
- Click Ok and Ok again to dismiss both dialogs.
- Try to reconnect.