Follow these steps If you see the message: VNC Server Error: Loopback connections are disabled when connecting to your PC using a Google account.
To fix this problem we'll enable the Allow Loopback Connections option in your VNC Server's settings window.
Please note: the steps below address multiple VNC servers. If you're unsure which VNC server you're running follow the steps which best describe what you see on your desktop screen.
- First, open up your VNC server's configuration window. To do this you will need to right click your VNC Server's icon in your taskbar's notification area (usually the set of icons on the lower right hand corner of your desktop).
- TightVNC: You will see an icon with a 'V' label on it. Right click the icon and then click Configuration or Properties menu item.
- UltraVNC: You may see a green icon with an eye drawn on it. Right click the icon and then click Admin Properties.
- Next turn on the Allow Loopback Connections option.
- TightVNC: Click the Access Control tab and check the Allow loopback connections checkbox in the Loopback Connections section.
- UltraVNC: Check the Allow Loopback Connections checkbox in the Incoming Connections section.
- Apply your settings and try connecting again.
Please contact support if you can not find the Allow Loopback Connections option for your VNC Server - we'll help you find it.
still getting error message
Please sign in to leave a comment.