The error message "Too many failures" originates from Vine VNC Server - the built-in Mac OS X server doesn't have this type of functionality where it locks you out.
It's possible that Vine is still running on your system. To double check, open up Vine on your Mac and then make sure you click the 'Stop Server' button if it is enabled. Next, click the 'Server' menu item on the top left hand corner of Vine's menu bar and click 'System server'. Then click the 'Stop System Server' button and make sure you also turn off the Vine System server as well. You can also reset your Vine Server password while you're in the System Server menu (if you want to use Jump with your Vine server).
The error message "Too many failures" originates from Vine Server on the Mac. We recommend turning off Vine Server on your Mac and instead using the built-in Mac VNC server:
To turn off Vine Server:
- Open up Vine Server options on your Mac by searching for 'Vine Server' in spotlight.
- Click the Stop Server button if it is enabled.
- Next, click the Server menu item on the top left hand corner of Vine's menu bar and click System server.
- Then click the Stop System Server button if it is enabled.
Next, make sure your Mac's VNC Server is configured and running:
- Click the Jump Desktop icon on the top right hand corner of your Mac's desktop.
- Click the Diagnostics menu item.
- Then click the Fix it button. Enter a VNC password and if prompted, make sure you also enter your Mac user account's password to apple the changes.
Try re-connecting to your Mac using Jump with the new VNC password.
Please sign in to leave a comment.