Follow these steps if you're unable to connect to your PC and see a warning from Norton 360 or Norton Internet Security about incoming remote desktop connections.
We need to tell Norton that the file 'tvnserver.exe' (the VNC server) is a safe file and should be allowed to handle incoming remote desktop connections. Following these steps on your PC:
- Start Norton Internet Security: Click Start -> Programs -> Norton Internet Security -> Norton Internet Security.
- Click Settings in the Norton Internet Security Window.
- Expand the Network Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the Smart Firewall group and then click the Program Control link.
- Click Add then browse to the following directory: C:\Program Files\TightVNC\tvnserver.exe
- Make sure the Access column is set to Allow.
- Click Apply and go back to the main Norton Internet Security window again.
- Under Internet click Settings.
- Then find Intrusion Prevention and under that Intrusion Exclusions.
- Click the Configure[+] and find VNC Large Error Response BO and uncheck the box.
- Try to connect again to your computer using Jump.