Updated March 26th 2016: Jump Desktop 7.0 for Android has been released to the Google Play store. Please update to 7.0 on your Android device and update to Jump Desktop Connect - it should resolve any issue you're hitting.
Updated Jan 14th 2016: Jump Desktop 7.0 Beta for Android has been released. It fixes the crashing issue. For instructions on how to opt into the beta visit: http://support.jumpdesktop.com/entries/107694613
If you're using Jump Desktop 5.0 for Android, then you might experience a crash when trying to connect to automatic connections after upgrading to Jump Desktop Connect on the remote PC/Mac. We're working on a new Android update for Jump Desktop that will fix this issue (free for existing users). In the meantime please follow the instructions below to work around the issue:
- Uninstall Jump Desktop Connect.
- Windows: Open up the "Add / Remove Programs" control panel applet and uninstall Jump Desktop Connect.
- Mac: Open up Jump Desktop Connect and then click the settings icon on the top right. Then click Uninstall.
- Re-install the legacy Jump Desktop automatic setup component:
- Windows: https://jumpdesktop.com/downloads/JumpDesktopInstaller.exe
- Mac: https://jumpdesktop.com/downloads/JumpDesktop.dmg
Edit: Fixed Windows download link typo.