This article describes how to enable Mac's built-in VNC Server.
Please note: Jump Desktop 4.0.3 and above is compatible with Mac's Screen Sharing feature and you no longer require the VNC Server to be enabled in most cases.
- Open up Sharing Preferences on your Mac and then click the Screen sharing section.
- Make sure Screen sharing is enabled and then click the Computer settings button.
- Check the VNC Viewers may control screen with password check box and enter a VNC password. You'll be prompted for this password by Jump when you connect.
- Next switch to Jump on your iOS or Android device and follow the steps below.
- Tap the icon to the right of your Mac's name in Jump.
- Edit the auth row on iOS or VNC Authentication row on Android make sure it says: vnc password.
- Save your settings and try connecting again. This time you should be prompted for your VNC Password. Enter it to connect.
Please sign in to leave a comment.