There are three version of Jump Desktop for Mac depending on where you downloaded Jump Desktop from:
- The Web Store or trial version of Jump Desktop which can be unlocked using a license purchase from the Jump Desktop Web Store. This version will prompt you for a license if you haven't already imported one.
- The Mac App Store version of Jump Desktop which can be purchased from the App Store app on your Mac. This does not require unlocking or licenses.
- The Set App version of Jump Desktop. Like the Mac App Store version, this also does not require unlocking or licenses.
If you've previously used the web store version of Jump Desktop and then purchased the Mac App Store version of Jump, the trial version will still prompt you for a license. In this case, you need to migrate over to the Mac App Store version of Jump Desktop. Here's how you do that and make sure you keep your computer connection settings:
- Export your computer lists: Open Jump and click File -> Export. Save the exported file to your Desktop.
- Delete the trial / web store version of Jump Desktop: Open up the Applications folder on your Mac and delete all apps named Jump Desktop.
- Redownload Jump Desktop from the Mac App Store: Open up the Mac App Store app on your Mac and re-download Jump Desktop. The download should be free if you've already purchased Jump Desktop from the Mac App Store.
- Finally, open up Jump Desktop import your computers by clicking File -> Import. Then select the file you exported in step 1.
always been such a friggin confusing software!!!
Please sign in to leave a comment.