Enables connection to machines behind restrictive firewalls.
No need to configure firewalls or keep track of IP addresses.
- Keep track of all your machines using a Jump Desktop account.
Fluid Remote Desktop protocol is built into Jump Desktop Connect.
- Collaborative screen sharing and remote support features.
Also supports connecting to RDP or VNC running on the machine.
The Jump Desktop Connect installer executable includes a MSI inside it. You can extract the MSI file for deployment by using the following command line option:
Note: A full path is necessary. The command will fail if you use a relative path..
Jump Desktop Connect installer is packaged as a PKG file which can be used by most remote administration tools for mass deployment.
Unattended Configuration of Remote Access Users
To configure remote access users use the user's Connect Code with the --connectcode option in Jump Desktop Connect:
- First generate a Connect Code for the user you want to add to Jump Desktop Connect.
- Next run the Jump Desktop Connect command line app (see below) with the following option (note: remove spaces from the connect code):
JumpConnect --connectcode [connectcode]
- If the command succeeds, the user will be added to the remote access users list. You can double check this by opening the Jump Desktop Connect app. The user should be listed there.
FAQ: How do I get JumpConnect's path?
You can get JumpConnect.exe's path by looking up the following registry key
Key Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Jump Desktop\Connect\Shared
To automate installation from a batch file: Use the reg query tool to read the path from the registry. Here's a simple batch script that does this and invokes JumpConnect with a connect code:
@echo off setlocal enabledelayedexpansion for /f "usebackq tokens=3*" %%a in (`reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Jump Desktop\Connect\Shared" /v ConnectPath`) do ( set ConnectExe=%%a %%b ) "%ConnectExe%" --connectcode 604249414
The default install path for JumpConnect is:
/Applications/Jump\ Desktop\ Connect.app/Contents/MacOS/JumpConnect
Note: We've added extra backslashes to escape spaces