Try the following suggestions if you're having trouble connecting to computers using your Azure Active Directory account:
1. Turn off Network Level Authentication on in Windows: Settings -> Remote Desktop -> Advanced Settings -> UNCHECK Require computers to use Network Level Authentication.
2. Turn off Jump's NLA option for the connection:
- On iOS and Android: Edit your connection by tapping the blue "i" button next to your computer's name. Then in the 'Security' section turn off the NLA option.
- On macOS: Right click your connection's icon in Jump, click Edit -> Advanced and then turn of the Network Level Authentication option.
3. Next edit your connection's Auto Logon settings in Jump and set it to the following:
Note: On the Edit settings Jump should show the entire username as AzureAD\AzureAD\email@example.com .
4. Finally try to connect.