I am currently using the following setup
Client: MacOS 10.13.6 + TigerVNC Viewer 1.9.0
Server: OpenSuSE LEAP 15.0 + VNC Server 1: xorg-x11-Xvnc-1.0.0 + vnc-manager-1.0.2 + kvm (additional virtual desktops served from kvm)
This setup works so far.
I don't like the GUI of TigerVNC though, so I thought I give Jump Desktop a try. Unfortunately it fails completely, which I did not expect at that price point.
Error for connection to vnc server:
1. Connecting to server:5900
2. vnc-manager greeter screen appear (so vnc connection works at that point)
3. Login into a new session or existing session
4. Jump Desktop windows disappears (=crashes) without further notice
Error for kvm generated vnc server for virtual hosts:
1. Connecting to server:5901
2. black screen with mouse pointer (so vnc connection is there)
Remark When I do reconnect to the same machine with TigerVNC, and I did click onto desktop icons during the Jump Desktop session, those programs have actually started, so the session was there, just without screen update
As written both connections do work with TigerVNC, any ideas?
Please sign in to leave a comment.