When joining a team on the Jump Desktop platform, it's important to carefully review the team invitation details to ensure that you're joining the right team. If you encounter any issues after joining the team, your admin can help you troubleshoot and resolve any problems related to security and performance; this way, you can focus on your productivity. Details on how an admin can help you with their access are given below:
1. Security related:
1. Security related:
- If you're having trouble with an app or need to log out of it for security reasons, an admin can help you by logging you out of the app remotely. This means that they can sign you out of the app from their own computer, without needing physical access to your computer
- If you're having trouble with two-factor authentication (2FA), an admin can reset it for you. This means that they can help you regain access to your account if you're having trouble logging in due to 2FA issues
- An admin can view any active remote connections you have and can terminate them if necessary. This helps ensure that your remote access is secure and that unauthorized users are not accessing your remote computers
- An admin can activate or deactivate the user’s account ONLY in the team’s context - they can’t globally activate / deactivate an account. This means that they can enable or disable your access to the remote computers in only their team, you will still be able to access computers from other teams you are a part of or any organization computers you had access to. This is useful if you're leaving the company or if there's a security issue that requires your access to be revoked
- An admin can see where you're logged in from, including your IP address and the last time you logged in to the Jump app. This helps the admin monitor your remote access activity and troubleshoot any issues you may be having with your account
2. Troubleshooting related:
- An admin can add, delete, or assign remote computers for you to access. This means that they can set up your computer to remotely access other computers that you need to work on, or remove access to computers that you no longer need to use
- An admin can view connection logs that show when you connected to a remote computer, whether the connection was successful or not, and how long the connection lasted. This helps the admin troubleshoot any issues you may be having with remote access.
- Activity logs show when you created your Jump account and when you logged in to it. An admin can view these logs to help troubleshoot any issues you may be having with your account or to track account activity.