Jump Desktop is a powerful remote desktop application that provides seamless access to your desktop computer from various devices. This support article will guide you on how to enable Wacom Stylus pen pressure support in Jump Desktop for Windows. Please note that this guide only applies to the Windows version of Jump Desktop and not the Mac version. The Mac version of Jump Desktop does not require any additional configuration.
To enable pen pressure support, you must have Jump Desktop for Windows 8.6.1 or later and a subscription to our Teams Enterprise plan.
Understanding Stylus Input Methods
Jump Desktop for Windows does not support the older WinTab method of injecting stylus input. Instead, it uses the newer and more modern Windows Inking method of sending stylus input.
Client Side Configuration
To ensure proper functionality, configure your Wacom tablets to 'Use Windows Inking'. Please refer to the attached screenshot for a visual guide on this setting.
Host Side Configuration
On the host side, you need to make sure that the applications you're using are set to use Windows Inking for stylus input. Here are some examples of how to enable Windows Inking in popular applications:
- Photoshop 2018 and later:
Photoshop's default Windows Inking support should work with Jump Desktop. If it doesn't work, locate the PSUserConfig.txt file in Photoshop's local user directory which can normally be found in:
C:\Users\[YourUsername]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop [PhotoshopVersion][PhotoshopVersion] Settings\PSUserConfig.txt
If the file PSUserConfig.txt is absent, no action is required. If present, open up the file and confirm UseSystemStylus is set to 1 or not in the file:
- Go to Configuration > Tablet Settings.
- Ensure "Windows 8+ Pointer Input (depends on Windows Ink)" is selected.
- Restart Krita after making this change.
Harmony Toon Boom:
- In the menu bar, go to Edit > Preferences > Advanced.
- Uncheck the box labeled "Use Qt Wintab Tablet Support".
- Relaunch the application.
- Please note: This is a per workspace setting in Harmony Toon Boom. You may have to change this for existing workspaces.
- Go to Edit > Preferences > Input > Tablet.
- Set the Tablet API to "Windows Ink".
- Restart the application
- Go to Preferences > Tablet > Tablet Driver API.
- Select "Stylus".
- Restart the application.
- Go to Edit > Preferences > General > Tablet.
- Select "Ink".
- Restart the application.
Conclusion: By following these steps, you can enable Wacom Stylus pen pressure support in Jump Desktop for Windows. Make sure to configure both the client and host sides accordingly to ensure the best possible experience while using your Wacom tablet with Jump Desktop. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our support team.