By adding and verifying your organisation's domains within Jump Desktop, you can simplify the process of onboarding new users and enhance the security of user sign-ins.
Verified domains ensure a seamless and secure user experience, offering the following advantages:
Bypassing Email Verification: Users signing in via Single Sign-On (SSO) from the verified domains will skip the need for additional email confirmation. This streamlined approach reduces friction during the onboarding process, making it more convenient for your team members.
Automatic Redirection to SSO: With verified domains, Jump Desktop will automatically direct users from your domain straight to your Single Sign-On (SSO) service. This means that your users can enjoy a seamless login experience without any additional clicks or complexity.
- When coupled with SCIM integration, user accounts can be automatically provisioned and managed without any user intervention. This means that an administrator looking to onboard a new user doesn't have to wait for the user to sign in to Jump Desktop. As soon as the user is added to the Jump Desktop application on your Single Sign-On (SSO) provider, you can initiate user account management through the Jump Desktop dashboard. This streamlined process ensures that, on their first day, the user can effortlessly access the computers assigned to them.
Prerequisites for Domain Verification
- Single Sign On is configured for your team
- A Jump Desktop for Teams Enterprise subscription
How to enable Domain Verification for your team
1. Visit https://app.jumpdesktop.com and log in as a SSO team administrator
2. Navigate to team page for which you want to setup domain verification and select Security
3. Select Add Domain
4. Add your domain name and select Add Domain to confirm
5. Click to copy txt record. This needs to be added to your DNS record before you can verify the domain for your Jump Desktop team
6. In your domain registrar's control panel, locate the Domain Management or similar section. Find the DNS (Domain Name System) records, which control your domain's internet functions. Add the txt record copied in the aforementioned step. Note that DNS changes may take time to propagate, usually ranging from minutes to 48 hours. As a best practice, periodically review and monitor your domain's DNS settings to ensure they remain accurate and secure.
5. Select the request to verify domain button to complete verification.
If you want to enable automatic SSO redirection you can toggle on once your domain is verified.
Please note for new users signing up using the Domain Verification flow, admins will have to add the users to the relevant team and give them remote access to computers.