Jump Desktop includes a SSH client to help secure VNC and RDP connections. Jump's SSH client connects to a SSH server and automatically creates a port forwarding to the destination computer. Here is how to get started:
For this example lets assume:
- Your computer is running VNC and has an IP address: 192.168.1.100 on your local LAN.
- Your SSH server's public address is: jump.dyndns.com
1. First create a new VNC entry in Jump by tapping the + button in the top right hand corner.
2. For your Host field enter your computer's internal IP address in Jump. For our example we'll enter: 192.168.1.100
3. Tap the VNC button and save your settings.
4. You'll be taken to the detailed settings page. Here you'll scroll down the and tap the SSH row and create a new SSH server. This SSH server's address will be your SSH server's public address. For our example you'd enter: jump.dyndns.com
5. Once you've created the new server make sure you've selected it for your VNC connection.
6. Save your connection and connect.