Jump Desktop for iOS v5.5+ and Jump Desktop for Mac v3.0+ supports Remote Desktop Gateways (RD Gateway). This article will show you how to setup a Remote Desktop Gateway server using Jump Desktop.
- First let's create a manual RDP connection for the computer you want to connect to. If you already have a manual connection defined for your computer, tap the blue icon to the right and skip to Step #3. Important: The manual connection should contain the details the of the computer you want to connect to and not the details of the RD Gateway server.
- Open up Jump Desktop on your iOS device and then tap the + button on the top right hand corner. Enter the address of the computer you want to connect to. Important: Make sure to enter the details of the computer you're connecting to and not the RD Gateway yet (we'll do that in the next step). Save your settings.
- After saving your settings you'll see the details for the new connection. Scroll down to the Advanced section and tap the rd gateway row:
- This will show you a list of RD Gateway servers currently saved in Jump. You can then choose an existing RD Gateway server from the list or tap the Add Gateway Server row to setup a new RD Gateway server profile.
- Once you're done selecting the server, go back to the settings page. You should see the server you've selected in the rd gateway row:
- Thats it! Go back and connect!
- Open up Jump Desktop on your Mac and create a manual RDP connection to your computer by clicking the + icon in the toolbar. If you already have a manual connection defined the skip to the next step. Important: The manual connection should contain the details the of the computer you want to connect to and not the details of the RD Gateway server.
- Bring up the details of the manual connection by right clicking or control+clicking your connection in Jump Desktop and click Edit.
- Click the RD Gateway row and in select the RD Gateway server from the drop-down box:
- You can also click on the drop-down box and click on Edit RD Gateways to define a new RD Gateway server: