Connecting to your computer without an active Internet connection is possible however, you need to make sure your PC and your iPhone/iPad/Android/Mac are on the same Wifi network. Additionally you need some networking knowledge to make it work. The follow steps assume that you've already setup Jump Desktop Connect on your PC using your email address and can access it when you have an active Internet connection.
In summary: what you need to do is make sure your iOS/Android/Mac and PC are connected to the same Wifi network and then enter your PC's IP address into Jump. It sounds easy but it might take a few steps:
- When you're connecting in areas where there will be no internet service, you need to have a router that your laptop and your iPad can connect to. If you don't have a router then you will need to setup an Adhoc network on your computer. Here's how you do it on Windows 10: http://www.redmondpie.com/create-ad-hoc-wifi-hotspot-in-windows-10-heres-how/
- Once you've got both devices on the same Wifi/Adhoc network, you'll need to find your PC's IP address by opening up the command prompt and typing in the following and pressing enter: ipconfig . Look for the value of "IPv4" address. Thats your IP address.
- Finally open up Jump and make a note of the text underneath your computer's name in Jump - it should say "Windows Remote Desktop" or "Secure Screen Sharing".
- If in the last step, it says "Secure Screen Sharing", then you need to do two additional Steps on the PC: Open up "TightVNC" by clicking the V icon on the bottom right hand corner of your desktop.
- Look up the value of "Main server port" - it should be a number like 5900 or 5907 or something similar.
- Then click on "Access Control" and uncheck the "Allow loopback connections only" option.
- On the iPad open up Jump and then tap the + button on the top right. Then in the "Address" section enter your computer's IP address that you found in #2. In the Type section select "RDP" if in #3 it said "Windows Remote Desktop" or "VNC" if it said "Secure Screen Sharing". If you selected "VNC" be sure to edit the "Port" field and make sure it matches the port # number you looked up in 4a. Save your settings
- Try to connect to the computer.
Note: Your IP address may change every time you connect to a different wifi router. So you need to double check your ipaddress before attempting to connect.