RealVNC users may see the following error message when connecting to their PC:
"VNC Server Error - No configured security type is supported by 3.3 viewer"
To fix this you'll need to change the way RealVNC authenticates the VNC client. Follow the steps below:
- Double click the RealVNC icon in the notification area of the taskbar (bottom right hand corner of your Desktop). This should show you the RealVNC configuration window.
- Click the 'Configure' button.
- Make sure Authentication is set to 'VNC Password'.
- Click the 'Configure' button in the Password. Enter a new password in there, then Apply your settings.
- Make sure Allow connections from legacy VNC Viewer users is also checked. If you don't see the option there try this: Set Encryption to Prefer off. Clear the VNC passwords (by selecting Unix password) and then re-enable VNC password authentication. When specifying the new password the dialog box will then offer a checkbox for Allow connections from legacy VNC Viewers. Check this box Apply.
- Try connecting again.